World Poetry Day


In honor of World Poetry Day, I pulled out a few of my poetry volumes by Mary Oliver. Right now, at this stage of my life, Mary Oliver speaks to me in a way that I don't think other poets have before. Poetry has never been something that I've felt moved by. I'm not sure why.

As a homemaker and mother, I try to keep our days slow moving and full of light. I want to focus on the good things, the memories and moments I can keep for later. Children grow so fast and I don't want to miss it! I try not to dwell on worries and things, but when I do,  reading a few of Mary Oliver's poems helps me feel a bit more at ease.

I also enjoyed her book of essays, Upstream, immensely when I read it in the fall. It was the perfect time to read this book, while we were taking weekend walks as a family and focusing on being outdoors before the cold and snow began. I can't wait to reread it soon, as Spring brings more light and warmth back to our days.


Comments

Popular Posts