The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I have a hard time using the word "favorite" with books. Its just too hard and there are too many good ones and sometimes I read a book at just the right time and it feels perfect but I go back and reread it later and I don't feel the same way. So what makes a "good" book? What makes a book worthy of that title "favorite"?? Im still trying to figure that out myself. But I do know there are a handful of well written books that make me feel all heart eyed after I'm finished reading them. That make me think, change something in me. Those are the ones I deem for that "favorite" title.

The Night Circus by Emily Morgenstern is by far one of those. I've read it a few times and felt completely immersed in her world of magic each time. There are endless quotes that give me goosebumps and I have a constant yearning for that perfect fall smokey bonfire smell when I read it.

I think you can tell a lot about a person by the books they read (or don't read). What better way to kick off my little home on the internet of book reviews than to introduce you to myself through my favorite book?


“You may tell a tale that takes up residence in someone's soul, becomes their blood and self and purpose. That tale will move them and drive them and who knows that they might do because of it, because of your words. That is your role, your gift.” 



Welcome. 

Comments

Popular Posts