The Gown by Jennifer Robson

Thank you to William Morrow Books for the free copy!

I’m so glad I made time to read this one, specifically the week before my sister-in-laws wedding! We've been in full wedding mode and being immersed in this story centered around a royal wedding was the perfect fit. It was a truly captivating story about the embroiderers of Princess Elizabeth’s gown, the friendship between two very brave and strong women and the power starting over has on the story of your life. I loved it! This is one of my favorite time periods to read about, post WWII. The disparity between the classes as the Royal family prepared for the wedding was so interesting and the rationing in England was a part of this time period I was unaware of. 

I also love when a historical fiction story teaches me something about a craft or way of life. I loved learning about the art of embroidery and how tedious and exacting that job had to be! I found it fascinating and am curious to learn more. I would love to see these gowns in person someday! 

I’m so glad I had a chance to read The Gown! I definitely recommend it if you enjoy historical fiction or stories about friendship and perseverance.

Comments

Popular Posts