The Glass Ocean by Beatriz Williams Lauren Willig Karen White

Thank you to William Morrow books and TLC Book Tours for my free copy!

I started reading The Glass Ocean by Beatriz Williams, Lauren Willig and Karen White a few days ago. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about a book written by three different authors (I hadn't read their previous book, The Forgotten Room) and was a bit apprehensive. Would it feel disjointed? Would it be obvious it was written differently? I also had no prior knowledge of what had happened to the Lusitania in 1915 aside from basic facts from high school history class.

The Glass Ocean exceeded all of my expectations, by far! I loved it! The two timelines (1915 and 2013) were easy to follow and I found myself really falling in love with the story line from 1915. It felt fast paced and exciting! I loved getting to know Caroline and Robert and Tess, rooting for each of them and trying so hard to figure out who ended up with whom. I was completely invested! The 2013 story line, following Sarah and John as they search through Roberts papers trying to uncover what happened on those final days on the Lusitania, felt a bit slower comparatively. I wasn't in love with either character but for the overall story, theirs was just as good.

If you're looking for a good, fast paced and interesting historical fiction love story I highly recommend The Glass Ocean! I was in love with Leonardo Di Caprio in Titanic (eighth grade crush!!) and I must admit, a lot of scenes from that movie were playing in my head while I was reading The Glass Ocean. I couldn't help it! The glamour of a big ocean liner, a love story with an independent woman who no longer wants to be told what to do by her husband.....so many Titanic vibes here! My girlish heart was so happy! :)


Comments

Popular Posts