The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine


The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine can officially stay on my bookshelves, as it is a thriller that kept me guessing, had twisty and interesting characters told from multiple view points and an ending I wasn't expecting. Thank you Harper Books for not only the ARC and the finished copy, but also for sending me a thriller I actually enjoyed reading all the way through (and honestly had a hard time putting down).

I'm kind of a picky thriller reader. I get frustrated with stories that seem SO out of the realm of the real world or characters that are just AWFUL, completely unlikeable that I don't really care what happens to them by the end of the story. Usually I feel like they deserved everything they got.

Theres been a few thrillers lately that I've reviewed and really enjoyed...The Last Mrs. Parrish by sister writers working under the name Liv Constantine is definitely going on that list. I LOVED this story line, how the characters were introduced, the way the viewpoint shifted halfway through. The subtleness. It reminded me of a Hitchcock in some ways.

This is the story of an unhappy marriage, a wealthy husband, a wife hiding behind a facade because she has no other choice and a third woman who is determined to have it all for herself. I liked Daphne, but I also liked Amber (she had some serious stamina and dedication to her cause, haha). There were a few cringe moments where I had to shake off what I was reading but mostly, the twisted lives of the two women and Jackson Parrish left me thinking every time I put the book down.

If you are looking for a great thriller, I highly recommend The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine. It was quite a fun and wicked read!


The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine 
400 pages
published by Harper Books

Comments

Popular Posts