The Little Shop of Found Things by Paula Brackston

Thank you to St Martins Press for my free copy. The Little Shop of Found Things by Paula Brackston is out October 16th!
This was the PERFECT mood read for me this month. I was looking for a story with a little magic and mystery and this one did not disappoint! Time travel, magic, history, a love story, gosh. Everything I could have hoped for! The story itself was a bit slow for me at the beginning, I always have a hard time with characters traveling back in time and their reactions. Once the main character, Xanthe, found her footing in the past the story picked up. Her experience hearing stories from objects of the past and connecting with them was so interesting. How neat would that be, to know an objects past? I loved this element of the story so much. The ending did not disappoint and nothing in it was too much for my heart! Perfect! I love Brackston’s writing and this story is one of my favorites.

Comments

Popular Posts