Boardwalk Summer by Meredith Jaeger

Thank you to the author for my advance copy! All opinions are my own.

Boardwalk Summer is the story of two women, Violet and Marisol. Told in alternating viewpoints and time periods (the summer of 1940 and 2007), their stories captured me right from the start. I loved how both women needed to find the strength to overcome the oppressive and abusive men in their lives, how their stories intertwined with each others despite the time difference and how Marisol ultimately became Violet's champion (despite how many years separated them). Violet's story was heartbreaking but I loved the lesson it taught and how courageous she was. Both women were written in such a way that it was easy to get to know them and root for their triumph! With secrets and deception thrown in for good measure, Boardwalk Summer is one of my favorite reads this summer! Bring it to the beach or pool, you won't be disappointed.

And if you love it, check out Meredith Jaeger's other novel The Dressmaker's Dowry and my review here.

Comments

Popular Posts